Tortillas - Lower Carb, High Protein and Fiber.
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup Low Carb Barely Barley Flour
½ TSP salt
3 TBL vegetable oil
1 + 1-2 TBL very hot water
¾ tsp baking powder
1. Sift the flour, salt & baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2. Into the dry ingredients add oil, & mix with your fingertips to combine.
3. Add the hot water, working the liquid into the dough until a sticky ball forms.
4. Wrap in plastic and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 8-10 balls (for small size) or 6-8 balls for larger ones, cover them again with the damp cloth.
6. Lightly dust a counter with flour & roll out each ball of dough into a circle or oval approximately 1/4" thick. If you want nicely rounded wraps, trim off any ragged edges & discard. Don't roll the dough out more than once or the dough will be tough.
7. Heat a dry griddle or heavy skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Cook the flat bread for 15-20 seconds on each side or until the dough looks dry & slightly wrinkled & a few brown spots form on both surfaces. Do not over cook or they will be hard. Wrap in kitchen towel to keep warm as you cook the other breads.